Recent years have brought many significant changes to the field of sleep apnea and snoring, and this revised 2nd Edition keeps you up to date with every effective intervention. Sleep Apnea and Snoring: Surgical and Non-Surgical Therapy, 2nd Edition, takes a focused, multidisciplinary approach to all sleep apnea and snoring related illnesses, making it an outstanding reference for surgery in this key area within otolaryngology. New chapters, new video clips, new techniques and procedures, and new contributing authors ensure that you're completely up to date.
* Covers recent topics such as transoral robotic assisted surgery, new techniques in nasal valve repair, and pediatric patients and sleep apnea.
* New video clips show a variety of procedures including maxillofacial surgical techniques for hypopharyngeal obstruction in obstructive sleep apnea, maxillary distraction osteogenesis with palatal implants for obstructive sleep apnea, drug induced sleep endoscopy for pediatric patients, and more.
* New chapters cover home sleep testing, lingual tonsil grading system, algorithms for surgery and for multi-level treatment, new techniques in nasal valve repair, and transoral robotic assisted surgery (TORS for OSA).
* New authors and associate editors provide a fresh perspective throughout the text.
* Includes contributions from leaders in neurology, pulmonology, psychiatry, otolaryngology, and oral and maxillofacial surgery to create a truly multi-disciplinary approach.
* Uses a consistent, templated, full-color format for quick, easy access to the most up-to-date surgical and non-surgical interventions for sleep apnea and snoring.
* Details when and why surgery is necessary, and how to perform a successful operation for snoring and sleep apnea.
* Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Edited by Michael Friedman, MD, Professor and Director, Section of Head & Neck Surgery, Department of Otolaryngology and Brochoesophagology, Rush Medical College of Rush University, Rush Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center; Director of the Advanced Center for Specialty Care, Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Chicago, IL and Ofer Jacobowitz