Here are the core procedures every general surgeon needs to master, in step-by-step detail with commentary from experts in the field. In two full-color volumes, Fischer’s Mastery of Surgery, Seventh Edition includes the essentials of diagnosis, anatomy, and pre-operative planning while maintaining a focus on clear, step-by-step depictions and descriptions of procedures. This thoroughly revised edition brings you up to date with evidence-based approaches for virtually any surgery you’ll be called upon to perform.
Key Features * Provides extensive coverage of vascular surgery as well as of common thoracic, breast, esophageal, endocrine, colorectal, gastric, pancreatic, liver, and biliary procedures.
* Walks you step by step through each procedure, with tips and cautions from leading surgeons.
* Includes background and history for each procedure, as well as diagnostic and postoperative considerations.
* Features more than 3,400 illustrations that offer a surgeon’s-eye-view of the most advanced approaches.
* Concludes each chapter with expert editorial commentary that puts the chapter material in a broad context and provides helpful critiques of the most recent literature.
* Streamlines the table of contents to combine chapters on open and minimally invasive approaches.
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience: * The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time -- providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
* Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
* Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
* The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click