Covering the evaluation and management of every key disease and condition affecting newborns, Avery's Diseases of the Newborn, by Drs. Christine A. Gleason and Sandra E. Juul, remains your #1 source for practical, clinically relevant information in this fast-changing field. You'll find the specific strategies you need to confidently diagnose and treat this unique patient population, in a full-color, easy-to-use single volume that focuses on key areas of practice. Now in a thoroughly revised 10th Edition, this highly respected reference is an authoritative clinical resource for neonatal practitioners.
New to this Edition
* Provides up-to-date information on every aspect of newborn evaluation and management in a new, visually improved format featuring more than 500 all-new, full-color illustrations integrated within each chapter.
* Includes greatly expanded Neurology and Hematology sections that highlight the knowledge and expertise of new co-editor, Dr. Sandra E. Juul.
* Features all-new chapters on Palliative Care, Gastroesophageal Reflux, Platelet Disorders, Transfusion Therapy, Hypertension, , and The Ear and Hearing Disorders, as well as expanded coverage of brain injury and neuroprotective strategies in the preterm and term infant.
* Contains new Key Points boxes at the beginning of every chapter.
* Brings you up to date on current topics such as the evolving epidemic of neonatal abstinence syndrome and the new clinical uses of ultrasound (including ultrasound videos online).
* Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By Christine A. Gleason, MD, Academic Affiliation; W. Alan Hodson Endowed Chair in Pediatrics and Head, Division of Neonatology; Pediatrics; University of Washington; Seattle, WA; US and Sandra E Juul, MD, PhD, Professor, Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington