Offering authoritative, comprehensive coverage of hip surgery, the 2nd Edition of Surgery of the Hip is the definitive guide to hip replacement, other open and arthroscopic surgical procedures, and surgical and nonsurgical management of the hip across the lifespan. Modeled after Insall & Scott Surgery of the Knee, it keeps you fully up to date with the latest research, techniques, tools, and implants, enabling you to offer both adults and children the best possible outcomes. Detailed guidance from expert surgeons assists you with your toughest clinical challenges, including total hip arthroplasty, pediatric hip surgery, trauma, and hip tumor surgery.
* Discusses new topics such as direct anterior approach for total hip arthroplasty, hip pain in the young adult, and hip preservation surgery.
* Contains new coverage of minimally invasive procedures, bearing surface selection, management of complications associated with metal and metal bearing surfaces, management of bone loss associated with revision THA, and more.
* Provides expert, personal advice in "Author’s Preferred Technique" sections.
* Helps you make optimal use of the latest imaging techniques, surgical procedures, equipment, and implants available.
* Includes access to select procedural videos online.
* Covers tumors of the hip, hip instability and displacement in infants and young children, traumatic injuries, degenerative joint disorders, and rehabilitation considerations―all from both a basic science and practical clinical perspective.
* Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.